In this post, we’ll look at why author email list building is so important and how it can help you build your author brand.
Author Email List Building
An author email list is a growing collection of people who have opted in to receive emails from you. It’s important that your readers are informed and aware of what they’re signing up for, so make sure they know what they’ll be getting in return.
You can build your author email list by:
- asking readers to subscribe at the end of each blog post (and then following up with them)
- sharing exclusive content on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
Why You Need One
Building an email list is the best way to build your brand and community. It helps you create a following, which allows you to connect with your readers on a more personal level.
You can use this list for anything–from sending out newsletters about new content or sales, to offering special discounts on products or services.
Here are some other reasons why you should be building one today:
- Build trust and loyalty among customers by providing them with exclusive offers only available via email (and not posted anywhere else). This will make them feel valued as a subscriber and encourage repeat purchases from people who like what they see in the first place!
- Offer exclusive content and discounts to your email list, which will help you build a following. The more people who see your brand and like what they see, the more likely they are to purchase from you in the future.
- You can also use your email list to promote upcoming events and sales. This will help you get more eyes on your products and services, which in turn will hopefully lead to more sales!
Types of Emails You Can Send to Your Author Email List
There are many types of emails you can send to your author email list. This is a list that you will be building over time, so it’s important to know what type of content will be most effective for your readers.
Newsletters: Newsletters are the most common way authors keep in touch with their readers. They’re an easy way to share updates and news about upcoming books, interviews or events where they’ll be speaking, etc., as well as any other relevant information (including contests). Depending on the nature of your relationship with them (i.e., whether they’ve purchased any books from you), this could also include freebies like exclusive excerpts from upcoming releases or other bonuses related to purchases made through your website storefronts.
This is a great way to build your author email list. It’s also a way to get the word out about your book and connect with readers who might enjoy it.